Argumentative History Essay Topics
Giving yourself the option to choose a history essay subject may seem enticing at first, but it may quickly become puzzling. Of course, choosing a subject for a history essay is a simple task, but in order to earn a good score, you will need some essay topic ideas. As a result, we have compiled a list of excellent history essay themes, divided them into historical periods, and now recommend that you utilize them to work on your own history paper. History is a fascinating topic to research. There is always a fresh angle to take in your debate, whether you want to write about ancient history with the Greeks and Romans, the Conquistadors conquering the Americas or something more contemporary like the battles of the twentieth century.
In fact, there is so much history that it is frequently impossible to limit your options unless your instructor has assigned you a specific subject. The best strategy is to make a list of five or ten ideas and then spend some time investigating each one to get a sense of how much evidence is available. Too much evidence will make it tough to stay under the word limit; too little information will make it impossible to build a convincing case.
Ideas for History Essay Topics
- What sparked the “Arab Spring”?
- Was the Vietnam War necessary?
- What facts prompted the United States to abandon its neutrality and enter WWI?
- Why does America assume the role of “World Policeman”? Is it beneficial for the United States?
- What was the historical foundation for China’s Opium Wars?
- Australia was found by accident. What was James Cook on the lookout for?
- Other than slavery, what causes contributed to the Civil War?
- How were the Crusades marketed to the European people?
- Create a biography of a historical figure, such as Babe Ruth or Amelia Earhart.
- Consider colonial America’s challenges. As an example, consider the Plymouth Colony or the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- Discuss the events leading up to the dropping of the Atomic Bomb. Was that the correct thing to do given the circumstances?
- Have any lessons been drawn from Hurricane Katrina’s devastation?
- Alcohol was outlawed by the 18th Amendment from being manufactured, sold, or distributed. What stood in the way of its effective implementation?
- Why was a terracotta army buried with which Chinese Emperor?
- Is the “War on Drugs” any more effective than Prohibition?
- Why were the first ten amendments necessary so rapidly if the US Constitution is so adaptable?
- Did you know that in 1938, Hitler was named Time Magazine’s Man of the Year? What does this reveal about the period’s societal values?
- The history of Arabic numeration will amaze you: the Hindus devised it.
- Top causes for Communist ideology’s failure in Russia.
- What impact did the Puritan Founding Fathers have on contemporary America?
We hope that these history essay themes will be useful as you work on your history assignment. Due to the overwhelming amount of options, the list of subjects on this page is far from exhaustive. We endeavored to present broad tips for writing history essays, and we hope you find them beneficial. If your subject isn’t on the list, you may always contact our support staff and request a custom-written paper on your unique historical topic. Our authors will create a high-quality paper that is specifically matched your requirements.